Old 01-03-2008, 03:03 AM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

Default P5GC-MX/1333 and Attansic LAN. Anyone get this to work?

Cripe.

I bought the ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 and the onboard LAN has to have
special drivers installed BEFORE you can access your LAN. Same
for the onboard audio and video stuff but seems that I can forego the
video stuff since my X11 is working fine at this time.

Well, guess what. You have to BUILD the driver first AND it has to be
compatable with the Kernel.

Using the LiveCD means I don't have all the necessary build tools
to even get started and alas, no, I do not have a DVD drive.

I guess, I will have to use an empty partition and FTP download everything
in it and pray that the Package Manager can be directed to use the local
filesystem for it's RPM?

Anyone have a better idea?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Alan Cox

> Using the LiveCD means I don't have all the necessary build tools
> to even get started and alas, no, I do not have a DVD drive.
>
> I guess, I will have to use an empty partition and FTP download everything
> in it and pray that the Package Manager can be directed to use the local
> filesystem for it's RPM?
>
> Anyone have a better idea?

If you've got another PC around you can build bits you need on that and
then transfer the driver over. Providing the two boxes have the same
kernel it should all be fine.

Alan