Old 01-03-2008, 02:39 AM
Gene Heskett

Default Roadnav required library missing from x86_64 F8

Specifically:
libexpat.so.0()(64bit)

Or at least this is what the attempted install of roadnav-0.19-1.f7.x86_64.rpm
claims. There is no x86_64 download yet for F8 on the roadnav site. Message
left for the author, but it looks like he's gone on to other things according
to his site.

I did a file against the libexpat.so.1.5.2 that was installed and linked to
libexpat.so.1, (this was a clean the disk install folks) and it claims to be
a 32 bit file. WTH?

Am I going to have to blow this install away and put the i386 back in to get a
library compatible with a 32 bit version of roadnav?

Or is it possible that the libexpat src rpm might build on x86_64? I've not
had that great a luck doing those operations over the years, its almost
easier for me to package things with checkinstall.

Thanks for any help on this.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)