Old 11-22-2007, 03:03 AM
Gene Heskett

Default smart updated samba, tetex, now kmenu 99% gone, wth?

Greetings, see subject.

I was scanning the kmenu to see if the new tetex stuff was registered, and
discovered a whole bunch of stuff in lost + found. All the OOo apps,
kcontrol, krusader & several others.

I clicked on the toolbar to run krusader since I hadn't recently, its not my
fav file manager, usually I use mc for that.

It popped up the splash and stayed for about 2 minutes then went away. Then I
went back to the kmenu and it 99% gone, only now its back to normal, wtf?
But the stuff in lost+found is still there, kcontrol, kmenuedit, krusader
(with its icon), mplayer, OOBase, OOCalc, OODraw, OOImpress,OOoSPadmin,
OOWriter, SNMPBrowser, TclScaleSimulator, & an Uninstall of some kind.

And five minutes later, krusader finally popped up, and there doesn't seem to
be any cpu hogs running.

I just looked in the lost+found directory, and it is empty.

What is the command to issue to rebuild the kmenu back to normal? ksycocao or
something like that comes to mind.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 11-22-2007, 04:25 AM
Rex Dieter

Gene Heskett wrote:

> What is the command to issue to rebuild the kmenu back to normal?
> ksycocao or something like that comes to mind.

kbuildsycoca --noincremental

-- Rex

Old 11-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Gene Heskett

On Thursday 22 November 2007, Rex Dieter wrote:
>kbuildsycoca --noincremental

Thanks Rex, but it doesn't seem to have changed anything, all the stuff in
lost+found it still there, sorta like casper the ghost. Do I need to do that
with x shut down, or restart it?

Thanks again.

--
Cheers, Gene