Old 01-02-2008, 03:53 AM
spmirowski

Default F8 inputrc: showallifambiguous doesn't work

Howdy all,

I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with using

'set showallifambiguous on' in the /etc/inputrc

Vim highlights it like it's a typo and doesn't enable single tab shell
auto-complete like it does in Fedora 2 - 7. I believe this was default
in Mandrake/Mandriva as well. It's a minor problem, but slows down the
typing when one is used to single tab.

Thanks,

Stephen

Old 01-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Chris Grau

On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 08:53:51PM -0800, spmirowski wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with using 'set
> showallifambiguous on' in the /etc/inputrc Vim highlights it like it's
> a typo and doesn't enable single tab shell auto-complete like it does
> in Fedora 2 - 7. I believe this was default in Mandrake/Mandriva as
> well. It's a minor problem, but slows down the typing when one is
> used to single tab.

In my ~/.inputrc, I have,

set show-all-if-ambiguous on

I didn't realize it was possible (or maybe it's not) in some versions of
readline to not have the hyphens in the key.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:07 AM
spmirowski

Message: 11
On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 08:53:51PM -0800, spmirowski wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with using 'set
> showallifambiguous on' in the /etc/inputrc Vim highlights it like it's
> a typo and doesn't enable single tab shell auto-complete like it does
> in Fedora 2 - 7. I believe this was default in Mandrake/Mandriva as
> well. It's a minor problem, but slows down the typing when one is
> used to single tab.

In my ~/.inputrc, I have,

set show-all-if-ambiguous on

I didn't realize it was possible (or maybe it's not) in some versions of
readline to not have the hyphens in the key.

Haa Haa. User error. I forgot the hyphens.

Thx so much.

Stephen