Old 01-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Tom Horsley

Default Sata DVD drives work?

I've pretty much decided that the problems I was seeing with
my DVD drive are indeed hardware problems, so I was thinking
of upgrading to the latest and greatest multi-format wizz-bang
drive I can find, and I see all the newer dvd writers seem to
be exclusively sata interfaces these days.

Do sata dvd writers work OK in fedora?

Specifically I'm looking at the Samsung SH-S203N - anyone used
one in fedora?

Thanks for any info.

(I know, it doesn't do blu-ray and HD-DVD - I don't really
want to go that wizz-bang just yet, but the double layer
stuff might be useful sometimes :-).