-   -   Looking for search engine of pdf files (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/25935-looking-search-engine-pdf-files.html)

"Paul Smith" 12-31-2007 08:46 PM

Looking for search engine of pdf files

Dear All,

I am looking for an application to index the pdf files of a selected
directory (only; not of the entire disk) in order to allow searches in
the whole set of pdf files indexed. Of course, I could use Google
Desktop, but I am looking for something much lighter. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Thomas Cameron 12-31-2007 08:54 PM

Paul Smith wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am looking for an application to index the pdf files of a selected
> directory (only; not of the entire disk) in order to allow searches in
> the whole set of pdf files indexed. Of course, I could use Google
> Desktop, but I am looking for something much lighter. Any ideas?

ht://dig will do that but it is a web based search tool.

"Paul Smith" 01-01-2008 01:11 PM

On Dec 31, 2007 9:54 PM, Thomas Cameron <thomas.cameron@camerontech.com> wrote:
> > I am looking for an application to index the pdf files of a selected
> > directory (only; not of the entire disk) in order to allow searches in
> > the whole set of pdf files indexed. Of course, I could use Google
> > Desktop, but I am looking for something much lighter. Any ideas?
>
> ht://dig will do that but it is a web based search tool.

Thanks, Thomas. I have just realized that Google Desktop can be
configured to index only the selected directories. In addition, it can
be configured to index only pdf files.

Paul