Old 12-31-2007, 04:11 PM
"Valent Turkovic"

Default RPMFusion - what is going on?

Does anybody have some info on when is RPMFusion repo scheduled to be
officially released to Fedora users?

I have read only announcements couple months ago on few blogs and
since then complete radio silence. What is going on with that project,
does anybody know?

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Old 12-31-2007, 09:12 PM
"Michael Schwendt"

On 31/12/2007, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody have some info on when is RPMFusion repo scheduled to be
> officially released to Fedora users?
>
> I have read only announcements couple months ago on few blogs and
> since then complete radio silence. What is going on with that project,
> does anybody know?

project. Perhaps you find something in the archives. [For the previous
list search for "repo-merge-discussion" list.]

Old 01-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Thorsten Leemhuis

On 31.12.2007 18:11, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Does anybody have some info on when is RPMFusion repo scheduled to be
> officially released to Fedora users?
>
> I have read only announcements couple months ago on few blogs and
> since then complete radio silence. What is going on with that project,
> does anybody know?

I boils down to this: we have lots of packagers that want to start, but
the infrastructure (FAS, plague, CVS) is not yet completely ready yet
and setting it up takes quite a lot of time because non of the packagers
with free time has knowledge in such things afaics.

CU
knurd

Old 01-01-2008, 10:22 AM
"Valent Turkovic"

On 1/1/08, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora@leemhuis.info> wrote:
> On 31.12.2007 18:11, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > Does anybody have some info on when is RPMFusion repo scheduled to be
> > officially released to Fedora users?
> >
> > I have read only announcements couple months ago on few blogs and
> > since then complete radio silence. What is going on with that project,
> > does anybody know?
>
> I boils down to this: we have lots of packagers that want to start, but
> the infrastructure (FAS, plague, CVS) is not yet completely ready yet
> and setting it up takes quite a lot of time because non of the packagers
> with free time has knowledge in such things afaics.
>
> CU
> knurd

I know I'm not on the right mailing list, but if anybody has some info
please share it.

Is there a schedule? What is the plan? 1st quater of 2008? 4th quater? 2009?

Old 01-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Valent Turkovic wrote:

I know I'm not on the right mailing list, but if anybody has some info
please share it.

Is there a schedule? What is the plan? 1st quater of 2008? 4th quater? 2009?

This isn't how a new project starts. It will be done when contributors
involved get the time to do the work involved. If you want it to be done
faster, you can volunteer.

http://rpmfusion.org/ToDoList

Rahul

Old 01-01-2008, 08:57 PM
"Valent Turkovic"

On 1/1/08, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > I know I'm not on the right mailing list, but if anybody has some info
> > please share it.
> >
> > Is there a schedule? What is the plan? 1st quater of 2008? 4th quater? 2009?
>
> This isn't how a new project starts. It will be done when contributors
> involved get the time to do the work involved. If you want it to be done
> faster, you can volunteer.
>
> http://rpmfusion.org/ToDoList
>
> Rahul

Oh, I see they still haven't started, no problem... I just needed the
info. I'm volunteering on other things on which I have time and skills
to do.

But it would be nice if more people with needed skilset would
volunteer. I personally am not in a special hurry to get RPMFusion, I
just was curious...

Valent.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Renich Bon Ciric wrote:

But it would be nice if more people with needed skilset would
volunteer.

I agree!

Contact me if anyone needs some songs! I'm a musician and composer, so
it's easy!

That's great. You can volunteer to create a sound theme for Fedora in
fedora-art list then.

Rahul

Old 01-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Renich Bon Ciric

On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 22:57 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> But it would be nice if more people with needed skilset would
> volunteer.

I agree!

Contact me if anyone needs some songs! I'm a musician and composer, so
it's easy!

--
Renich Bon Ciric <renich@woralelandia.com>
Woralelandia

Old 01-02-2008, 08:08 AM
"Valent Turkovic"

On 1/1/08, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Renich Bon Ciric wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 22:57 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> >> But it would be nice if more people with needed skilset would
> >> volunteer.
> >
> > I agree!
> >
> > Contact me if anyone needs some songs! I'm a musician and composer, so
> > it's easy!
>
> That's great. You can volunteer to create a sound theme for Fedora in
> fedora-art list then.
>
> Rahul

Yes! Please volonteer, that would be great...

I was installing rockbox on my ipod and I needed apples itunes to
format it original state (I already had ipod linux upthere) so I had
to use Vista which came with my laptop. And plugging and unplugging
usb devices gives you a subtle and a really nice audio feedback and I
immediately felt that this should be in Fedora also by default.

Valent.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:51 PM
"Michael Schwendt"

On 01/01/2008, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> http://rpmfusion.org/ToDoList

How do the builders crash? In the server hardware? In the OS? Or in
Plague? In case of the latter, is there a traceback? And what version
of plague is it?