-   -   Mounting DVD with exec (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/2551-mounting-dvd-exec.html)

Michael Eager 11-21-2007 09:15 PM

Mounting DVD with exec

If I mount a DVD as root using mount, then it's mounted
with execution enabled:

mount /dev/dvd /media/dvd

If I let mount use the entry in fstab, it is
mounted with noexec, despite the fstab entry:

/dev/dvd /media/dvd auto pamconsole,ro,exec,user,noauto 0 0

Anyone got an idea why mount ignores the exec option?

--
Michael Eager eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077

"Mikkel L. Ellertson" 11-21-2007 09:32 PM

Mounting DVD with exec

Michael Eager wrote:
> If I mount a DVD as root using mount, then it's mounted
> with execution enabled:
>
> mount /dev/dvd /media/dvd
>
> If I let mount use the entry in fstab, it is
> mounted with noexec, despite the fstab entry:
>
> /dev/dvd /media/dvd auto pamconsole,ro,exec,user,noauto 0 0
>
> Anyone got an idea why mount ignores the exec option?

Try it without the pamconsole option, and see if that helps.

Mikkel

Michael Eager 11-21-2007 10:27 PM

Mounting DVD with exec

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

Michael Eager wrote:

If I mount a DVD as root using mount, then it's mounted
with execution enabled:

mount /dev/dvd /media/dvd

If I let mount use the entry in fstab, it is
mounted with noexec, despite the fstab entry:

/dev/dvd /media/dvd auto pamconsole,ro,exec,user,noauto 0 0

Anyone got an idea why mount ignores the exec option?

Try it without the pamconsole option, and see if that helps.

That's the first thing I tried. It didn't make any difference.