Old 12-30-2007, 10:28 PM
John Summerfield

Default amarok-backtraces to amarok-backtraces@lists.sf.net

amorak seems a little fragile, but has this cool feature such that it
reports them to amarok-backtraces@lists.sf.net

Unfortunately, amarok-backtraces@lists.sf.net declines them when I send
them, and I don't understand why. Here is the message I get:

<amarok-backtraces@lists.sf.net>: host mail.sourceforge.net[66.35.250.206]
said: 550-Verification failed for <xxxxxx@js.id.au> 550-Called:
58.6.192.22 550-Sent: RCPT TO:<xxxxxx@js.id.au> 550-Response: 554
<xxxxxx@js.id.au>: Relay access denied 550 Sender verify failed (in
reply

to RCPT TO command)

I've carefully obfuscated my email address, but the rest is as in my
bounce message.

I don't understand how it's trying to verify the sender address, but the
sender address is correct and able to receive email - hence the need to
obfuscate it.

Do others have this problem, and if so what are you doing? Binning the
crashes?

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
-- Advice
http://webfoot.com/advice/email.top.php
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

You cannot reply off-list:-)

Old 12-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Rick Stevens

On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 08:28 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> amorak seems a little fragile, but has this cool feature such that it
> reports them to amarok-backtraces@lists.sf.net
>
> Unfortunately, amarok-backtraces@lists.sf.net declines them when I send
> them, and I don't understand why. Here is the message I get:
>
> <amarok-backtraces@lists.sf.net>: host mail.sourceforge.net[66.35.250.206]
> said: 550-Verification failed for <xxxxxx@js.id.au> 550-Called:
> 58.6.192.22 550-Sent: RCPT TO:<xxxxxx@js.id.au> 550-Response: 554
> <xxxxxx@js.id.au>: Relay access denied 550 Sender verify failed (in
> reply
> to RCPT TO command)
>

> I've carefully obfuscated my email address, but the rest is as in my
> bounce message.
>
> I don't understand how it's trying to verify the sender address, but the
> sender address is correct and able to receive email - hence the need to
> obfuscate it.
>
> Do others have this problem, and if so what are you doing? Binning the
> crashes?

One of two things: First, if a reverse DNS lookup of your IP address
doesn't match the domain of your email address, they may reject you.

Second, if they connect to your mail server and send your email address
as a "RCPT TO" command and your mail server rejects it, they reject you.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:54 PM
John Summerfield

Rick Stevens wrote:

amorak seems a little fragile, but has this cool feature such that it
reports them to amarok-backtraces@lists.sf.net

Unfortunately, amarok-backtraces@lists.sf.net declines them when I send
them, and I don't understand why. Here is the message I get:

<amarok-backtraces@lists.sf.net>: host mail.sourceforge.net[66.35.250.206]
I've carefully obfuscated my email address, but the rest is as in my
bounce message.

I don't understand how it's trying to verify the sender address, but the
sender address is correct and able to receive email - hence the need to
obfuscate it.

Do others have this problem, and if so what are you doing? Binning the
crashes?

One of two things: First, if a reverse DNS lookup of your IP address
doesn't match the domain of your email address, they may reject you.

If they do that, they're seriously broken for anyone who hosts multiple
domains.

Second, if they connect to your mail server and send your email address
as a "RCPT TO" command and your mail server rejects it, they reject you.

I didn't see any evidence of that, and I looked.