Old 12-30-2007, 06:39 PM
"Paul Johnson"

Default A2DP support for bluetooth headphones? Prefer a cheap transmitter?

Hi, everybody.

I have some bluetooth stereo headphones and I'd like to use them with
the Dell Latitude D820 running Fedora 8. I've been poking around
trying to find out the state of A2DP bluetooth stereo support and
can't tell my ass from a hole in the ground. Does the bluez support
that is built in to Fedora work? How do you use it?

Does it really consume the whole CPU just to listen to stereo
bluetooth? I read the resource demands are exorbitant.

Maybe I am better off just buying a bluetooth transmitter and plugging
it into the headphone jack?

The Jensen WBT420 Universal bluetooth transmitter has dropped into the
$15 range. I don't know if it is any good, but it is in my price
range! Perhaps it is easier than using the bluetooth in the PC?

Regards!

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science