Old 12-30-2007, 05:34 PM
"Frank Chiulli"

Default Removable media not mounting on F8

I have an up-to-date Fedora 8 box. If I put a CD into the CD drive or
plug a USB flash drive into a USB port, nothing gets mounted. I know
it sees the USB drive because there are messages in /var/log/messages.

I'd like these things to automount as they did in F7.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Frank

Old 12-31-2007, 03:40 AM
"Tod Merley"

On Dec 30, 2007 10:34 AM, Frank Chiulli <frankc.fedora@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an up-to-date Fedora 8 box. If I put a CD into the CD drive or
> plug a USB flash drive into a USB port, nothing gets mounted. I know
> it sees the USB drive because there are messages in /var/log/messages.
>
> I'd like these things to automount as they did in F7.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

Hi Frank!

Yes.

Copy /var/log/messages, /var/log/dmesg, to your desktop directory and
change user and permissions of the copies so you may use your favorite
lite word processor. I like to do this since it makes searching
browseing easier.

Do an /sbin/lspci -vv -xx > /home/you/Desktop/lspcivvxx.txt and
search, browse the results in your word processor.

Google any interesting results with the word Linux and or Fedora.
Also you may include computer manufacturer and model number,
Motherboard Make and Model, Chipsets (see: lspci above) and CD and USB
Flash drive specifics.

If no solution found post back here with anything interesting you did
find and a bit more about the hardware you are using.

We would all llike to know what you do find!

Good Hunting!

Tod

Old 12-31-2007, 04:04 AM
"Tod Merley"

On Dec 30, 2007 8:40 PM, Tod Merley <todbot88@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 30, 2007 10:34 AM, Frank Chiulli <frankc.fedora@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have an up-to-date Fedora 8 box. If I put a CD into the CD drive or
> > plug a USB flash drive into a USB port, nothing gets mounted. I know
> > it sees the USB drive because there are messages in /var/log/messages.
> >
> > I'd like these things to automount as they did in F7.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Frank
> >
> > --
> >

> Hi Frank!
>
> Yes.
>
> Copy /var/log/messages, /var/log/dmesg, to your desktop directory and
> change user and permissions of the copies so you may use your favorite
> lite word processor. I like to do this since it makes searching
> browseing easier.
>
> Do an /sbin/lspci -vv -xx > /home/you/Desktop/lspcivvxx.txt and
> search, browse the results in your word processor.
>
> Google any interesting results with the word Linux and or Fedora.
> Also you may include computer manufacturer and model number,
> Motherboard Make and Model, Chipsets (see: lspci above) and CD and USB
> Flash drive specifics.
>
> If no solution found post back here with anything interesting you did
> find and a bit more about the hardware you are using.
>
> We would all llike to know what you do find!
>
> Good Hunting!
>
> Tod

Hi again Frank!

Also-