Old 12-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Michael C

Default Installing Fedora without Gnome using the DVD

Hi,

I was wondering whether it's possible to select KDE to the exclusion of
Gnome in Anaconda using the Install DVD.

This is what I'd intended to do when I installed F8 last month, but
despite checking KDE and unchecking Gnome, it was installed regardless.
I assumed at the time that I'd unwittingly selected Gnome development
tools in the "Development" section, and Gnome had been erroneously
dragged in as a dependency!

Best,

Michael

Old 12-30-2007, 01:13 PM
"ne..."

On Dec 30, 2007 1:59 PM, Michael C <sieverfrisch@yahoo.ie> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether it's possible to select KDE to the exclusion of
> Gnome in Anaconda using the Install DVD.
Not really. You will still be left with a few gnome rpms. You need to choose
the option to customize the install, go thru each and every option and un-select
all the gnome rpms. Else, you could try doing a kickstart install

ne...
Certified: 75% bastard, 42% of which is tard.
http://www.thespark.com/bastardtest
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.