Old 12-30-2007, 12:09 PM
David Timms

Default configing repositories - Time to read the release notes :-)

Michael Klinosky wrote:
I installed F8 from the Live CD, and noticed that the repositories could
be configged (for the Package Manager). I tried to find this on my F7
machine - but I don't see any way to do it.

Did this change between F7 and F8? Or, am I missing something?

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f8/en_US/
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f8/en_US/sn-OverView.html

On the F8 machine (which I'm on about once a month), I want to add CD or
DVD - i.e. "Install media". It was there, but (for some reason) I
deactivated it; now I can't get it back. I need the exact wording (e.g.
file:// ...)

file:///
triple is important.

Want the original yum .repo files that came with the distribution ?
rpm -qf /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
find that fedora-release rpm. {from your dvd, nearest mirror or
download.fedora.redhat}.

A) Open the rpm in eg nautilus, find the /etc/yum.repos.d file.
replace or cut paste the info you are missing.

Or B) rpm -Uvh --force fedora-release-xxxx.rpm
to forcefully reinstall {all} parts of the f-r package, including the
.repos.
check the terminal window to see if any files were created as
x.repo.rpmnew, and if so change names.

{this is the Teach the person to fish version...}

DaveT.