Old 12-30-2007, 09:36 AM
justdavid

Default need help B43 in Fedora 8

I am using an Acer Ferrari 3400 with a broadcom 4306 wireless chipset. I used fwcutter and it connects ok but it doesnt always stay connected it just keeps resetting the wireless connection. I have NetworkManager on and running I aliased the named in /etc/modprobe.conf. Have checked dmesg no errors, not sure what is going on and why it keeps resetting. Is anyone else having this problem? :-o

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=230202&topic_id=49825&forum= 28#forumpost230202
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster@fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame justdavid2006@yahoo.com.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Martin Marques

justdavid escribió:

I am using an Acer Ferrari 3400 with a broadcom 4306 wireless chipset. I used fwcutter and it connects ok but it doesnt always stay connected it just keeps resetting the wireless connection. I have NetworkManager on and running I aliased the named in /etc/modprobe.conf. Have checked dmesg no errors, not sure what is going on and why it keeps resetting. Is anyone else having this problem? :-o

Try the 2.6.24-rc6 kernel from rawhide. It worked like a charm for me.

Aparently something got broken en 2.6.23 kernel because I was using the
broadcom card in FC7 with 2.6.22 and I couldn't get it to work properly
on Fedora 8 until a installed the rawhide kernel.

Good luck.