Old 12-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Colin Paul Adams

Default Contributing a new package

Is this the correct list to discuss the possibility of contributing a
new package to Fedora Linux? If not, where would be more appropriate?

I took a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#ML, but I'm
still not clear in my mind. Fedora-devel-list sounds like a possibility.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire

Old 12-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Todd Zullinger

Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> Is this the correct list to discuss the possibility of contributing a
> new package to Fedora Linux? If not, where would be more appropriate?
>
> I took a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#ML, but I'm
> still not clear in my mind. Fedora-devel-list sounds like a possibility.

I'd say fedora-devel would be fine. If you have a specific question
regarding packaging, you might also use the fedora-packaging list,
which doesn't seem to be listed on the wiki page you referenced. It's
at http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-packaging though.

There are, of course, numerous contributors on this list that may be
able to help you too. That might even help answer similar questions
other folks here may have, and get a few more people to become
contributors.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Mamoru Tasaka

Hello.

Is this the correct list to discuss the possibility of contributing a
new package to Fedora Linux? If not, where would be more appropriate?

I took a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#ML, but I'm
still not clear in my mind. Fedora-devel-list sounds like a possibility.

We would appreciate it very much. Please read
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join
for becoming the maintainer of a new package.

Regards,
Mamoru

Old 12-30-2007, 05:30 AM
John Summerfield

Colin Paul Adams wrote:

Is this the correct list to discuss the possibility of contributing a
new package to Fedora Linux? If not, where would be more appropriate?

I took a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#ML, but I'm
still not clear in my mind. Fedora-devel-list sounds like a possibility.

Have a look for other lists near where you found this; I think there's
a list listed for fedora developers.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
-- Advice
http://webfoot.com/advice/email.top.php
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

You cannot reply off-list:-)

Old 12-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Todd Zullinger wrote:

Colin Paul Adams wrote:

Is this the correct list to discuss the possibility of contributing a
new package to Fedora Linux? If not, where would be more appropriate?

I took a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#ML, but I'm
still not clear in my mind. Fedora-devel-list sounds like a possibility.

I'd say fedora-devel would be fine. If you have a specific question
regarding packaging, you might also use the fedora-packaging list,
which doesn't seem to be listed on the wiki page you referenced. It's
at http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-packaging though.

I have added it to the communicate page. Please do so if you come across
mailing lists or irc channels not listed there.

Rahul

Old 12-30-2007, 12:28 PM
David Timms