Old 12-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Mike

Default UK BT speedtest with iced tea?

Does anyone know if the UK BT speedtest at http://speedtester.bt.com/
is out of action, or if it fails to work in F8 only due to incompatibility with
Iced Tea?

Does anyone have Sun Java installed instead of Iced Tea that might confirm
that it does work with Sun Java?

Thanks

Old 12-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Colin J Thomson

Hi Mike,

On Saturday 29 December 2007 22:58:54 Mike wrote:
> Does anyone know if the UK BT speedtest at http://speedtester.bt.com/
> is out of action, or if it fails to work in F8 only due to incompatibility
> with Iced Tea?

Running F8 updated and Iced Tea:
I use KDE and I just tested it with Konq, it failed until I changed my "user
agent string" to M$ then it worked fine.

I also tested with Firefox-3.0b2 and that fails, it begins to load but get
errors.

Cheers

Colin
--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf)
Registered Linux user number #342953

Old 12-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Mike

Colin J Thomson <colin <at> g6avk.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Running F8 updated and Iced Tea:
> I use KDE and I just tested it with Konq, it failed until I changed my "user
> agent string" to M$ then it worked fine.

Thanks Colin
Verified the same result using Konq here too...

Mike