-   -   UK BT speedtest with iced tea? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/24821-uk-bt-speedtest-iced-tea.html)

Mike 12-29-2007 09:58 PM

UK BT speedtest with iced tea?

Does anyone know if the UK BT speedtest at http://speedtester.bt.com/
is out of action, or if it fails to work in F8 only due to incompatibility with
Iced Tea?

Does anyone have Sun Java installed instead of Iced Tea that might confirm
that it does work with Sun Java?

Thanks

Colin J Thomson 12-29-2007 10:29 PM

UK BT speedtest with iced tea?

Hi Mike,

On Saturday 29 December 2007 22:58:54 Mike wrote:
> Does anyone know if the UK BT speedtest at http://speedtester.bt.com/
> is out of action, or if it fails to work in F8 only due to incompatibility
> with Iced Tea?

Running F8 updated and Iced Tea:
I use KDE and I just tested it with Konq, it failed until I changed my "user
agent string" to M$ then it worked fine.

I also tested with Firefox-3.0b2 and that fails, it begins to load but get
errors.

Cheers

Colin
--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf)
Registered Linux user number #342953

Mike 12-30-2007 10:02 AM

Colin J Thomson <colin <at> g6avk.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Running F8 updated and Iced Tea:
> I use KDE and I just tested it with Konq, it failed until I changed my "user
> agent string" to M$ then it worked fine.

Thanks Colin
Verified the same result using Konq here too...

Mike