Old 12-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Beartooth Sciurivore

Default F8 "Everything" re-spin current as of __/__/__ (was : Installing from the 3 DVD ...)

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:36:56 +0000, Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:

Dean S. Messing wrote:
[....]
>> Ok, I have egg on my face. I'm just glad that I discovered it before
>> you did. The "everthing respin" is not a respin, just a spin. :-)
[....]
> Are you quite sure?
>
> The release notes on my i386 .iso say that, too; but the DVD I
> put it on did upgrade a couple things on a laptop that had been updated
> less that a week before.
>
> And yum update immediately after reboot got *nothing* -- instead
> of the scads of stuff it'd've found if that date had been accurate.

I just found what I think is a corroboration.

On one of my current machines, root's mail for December 5
reports, among much else, an update of eye of gnome *to* eog -
2.20.2-1.fc8.i386

But my .iso has eog - 3.20.2-1.fc8.i386 (note *3* not *2*)
already -- so the version of F8 it was made from has to be later (doubly
later) than what was in the original release.

Right?

Fedora 8; Alpine 0.99999, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2.0.3, Epiphany 2.20, Opera 9.24, Firefox 2.0