Old 12-28-2007, 05:22 PM
"Richard Shaw"

Default Gnome keyboard shortcut oddity

System info:
F8 x86_64 fully updated
Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keybord

Problem:
I was assigning my multimedia keys in the Gnome keyboard shortcut app and everything seemed to work properly except I could not make a multi-key assignment using the windows key. I'm trying to assign locking the computer to Win-L (one of the few things I liked about XP) but as soon as I depress the Win key it assigns it to just the Right Win key. I've googled plenty and not found much.

Is there a file I can edit directly? Also, I had the same problem with F7...

Thanks,
Richard