Old 12-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Jairo Dynes

Default Install - packages not found

Hi everybody,

I'm a FC5 user, and I'm trying to install the FC8 to a new desktop AMD
Athlon 64 dual core, HD SATA2.
The SHA1SUM of the Fedora-8-x86_64-DVD.iso is correct. The DVD was
burned with KIII B in my FC5, and appears to be ok.
Anaconda is 11.3.0.50 and starts only in character mode.
I've selected language, keyboard, Installation Method = Local CD/DVD.

After this, the DVD is ejected and I receive a "Disc not Found" message.
"The Fedora disc was not found in any of your CDROM drives. Please
insert the Fedora disc and press OK to retry".

This desktop will be dual-boot, and with the Windows XP, on the same
machine, same DVD driver, etc,etc, I can browse the entire DVD, the
Packages directory is full of all the rpms.

What is wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

Jairo de Carvalho Junior