FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-28-2007, 04:06 PM
"Marcelo Magno T. Sales"
 
Default Firefox+flash don't load page correctly in F8 - same versions in F7 do

Em Sex 28 Dez 2007, Kahn Seidl escreveu:
> Try creating a new profile
>
> under ~/.mozilla/firefox/profiles i think

Thanks, but this didn't help. In fact, I've tried several F7 and F8
machines, with old and new profiles, but it only works on F7.

[]'s
Marcelo

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Nigel Henry
 
Default Firefox+flash don't load page correctly in F8 - same versions in F7 do

On Friday 28 December 2007 17:45, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> I got a link that opens the application without the need to log in to
> the bank web site:
> https://www.hsbcinvestimentos.com.br/ITE/app/portalinvest/painel.shtml
>
> The application do not finish loading when I open it on F8, but will
> load and work correctly if I open it on F7, using the same versions of
> Firefox (2.0.0.10), flash-plugin (9.0 r115) and Java (1.6.0_02-b05).
> If you have any hint on what may be causing this, I would like to hear
> about it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcelo

Hi Marcelo.

What does aboutlugins show in Firefox? Presuming that you have installed
Sun's jre on F8, is GCJ still showing in aboutlugins?

I ask because on F8 I had problems loading jigsaws (java) with Fedora's
icedtea from http://www.jigzone.com.

I installed Sun's jre-6u3-linux... , and now the jigsaw applet works, and so
does the site your having problems with.

I did have to remove java-1.7.0-icedtea-plugin, as Firefox's aboutlugins was
showing both the GCJ one (icedtea), and the Sun version, and GCJ was taking
first place.

Post back for more info, as I don't want to ramble on with stuff you already
know.

Nigel.




--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-28-2007, 08:18 PM
"Marcelo Magno T. Sales"
 
Default Firefox+flash don't load page correctly in F8 - same versions in F7 do

Hi, Nigel

Em Sex 28 Dez 2007, Nigel Henry escreveu:
> On Friday 28 December 2007 17:45, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> > I got a link that opens the application without the need to log in
> > to the bank web site:
> > https://www.hsbcinvestimentos.com.br/ITE/app/portalinvest/painel.sh
> >tml
> >
> > The application do not finish loading when I open it on F8, but
> > will load and work correctly if I open it on F7, using the same
> > versions of Firefox (2.0.0.10), flash-plugin (9.0 r115) and Java
> > (1.6.0_02-b05). If you have any hint on what may be causing this, I
> > would like to hear about it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Marcelo
>
> Hi Marcelo.
>
> What does aboutlugins show in Firefox? Presuming that you have
> installed Sun's jre on F8, is GCJ still showing in aboutlugins?
>
> I ask because on F8 I had problems loading jigsaws (java) with
> Fedora's icedtea from http://www.jigzone.com.
>
> I installed Sun's jre-6u3-linux... , and now the jigsaw applet works,
> and so does the site your having problems with.
>
> I did have to remove java-1.7.0-icedtea-plugin, as Firefox's
> aboutlugins was showing both the GCJ one (icedtea), and the Sun
> version, and GCJ was taking first place.
>
> Post back for more info, as I don't want to ramble on with stuff you
> already know.

I had tried first with icedtea, but then I removed the icedtea plugin to
replicate the configuration I had working in F7. aboutlugins shows
only Sun's java plugin.
Also, I have removed nspluginwrapper, once plugins are wrapped by
default in F8, but no in F7. However, nothing has changed: the
application works in F7, but not in F8.

Thanks for your help,

Marcelo

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-28-2007, 09:01 PM
"Marcelo Magno T. Sales"
 
Default Firefox+flash don't load page correctly in F8 - same versions in F7 do

Nigel,

> I installed Sun's jre-6u3-linux... , and now the jigsaw applet works,
> and so does the site your having problems with.

Did the "sub-window" named "Cotações" finished loading on F8 at your
computer? It's a tabbed "sub-window", like the one at the bottom of the
screen, and it shows a list of stocks with their respective cotations,
min. value, max. value and other info. If it did load, it's weird,
because I've tested in four different F8 machines, with no success. At
all of them, this area only shows a little watch animation and the
message "Aguarde..." (which means "Wait..."). The link to the
application is:
https://www.hsbcinvestimentos.com.br/ITE/app/portalinvest/painel.shtml

See here a screenshot of the application fully loaded and working on F7:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=290386

The other three "sub-windows" (top, bottom and right) load and work ok
both on F7 and F8. The problem is just with the area named "Cotações".
I've tested with the version of Firefox supplied with F8, which I don't
remember what is, and with 2.0.0.10, which is the version I have
working in F7 (in several boxes). Tested F8 with icedtea and with Sun's
Java plugin, and with and without nspluginwrapper installed. Tested
with a new firefox profile. Tested on F8 installed with default options
in a virtual machine (VMWare), with no customized configuration other
then upgrading Firefox, uninstalling icedtea, installing Sun's Java,
installing flash-plugin and uninstalling nspluginwrapper.
Other than that, I'm out of ideas to test...

Thanks,

Marcelo

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Nigel Henry
 
Default Firefox+flash don't load page correctly in F8 - same versions in F7 do

On Friday 28 December 2007 23:01, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Nigel,
>
> > I installed Sun's jre-6u3-linux... , and now the jigsaw applet works,
> > and so does the site your having problems with.
>
> Did the "sub-window" named "Cotações" finished loading on F8 at your
> computer? It's a tabbed "sub-window", like the one at the bottom of the
> screen, and it shows a list of stocks with their respective cotations,
> min. value, max. value and other info. If it did load, it's weird,
> because I've tested in four different F8 machines, with no success. At
> all of them, this area only shows a little watch animation and the
> message "Aguarde..." (which means "Wait..."). The link to the
> application is:
> https://www.hsbcinvestimentos.com.br/ITE/app/portalinvest/painel.shtml
>
> See here a screenshot of the application fully loaded and working on F7:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=290386
>
> The other three "sub-windows" (top, bottom and right) load and work ok
> both on F7 and F8. The problem is just with the area named "Cotações".
> I've tested with the version of Firefox supplied with F8, which I don't
> remember what is, and with 2.0.0.10, which is the version I have
> working in F7 (in several boxes). Tested F8 with icedtea and with Sun's
> Java plugin, and with and without nspluginwrapper installed. Tested
> with a new firefox profile. Tested on F8 installed with default options
> in a virtual machine (VMWare), with no customized configuration other
> then upgrading Firefox, uninstalling icedtea, installing Sun's Java,
> installing flash-plugin and uninstalling nspluginwrapper.
> Other than that, I'm out of ideas to test...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcelo

Yes the sub window Cotaçoes (sorry about the missing ~) runs ok. There are 3
tabs. The "DEFAULT" does nothing, but LISTA2, and Lista1 show updates to the
stock prices, but saying that, at the moment I've got the stock listing, but
no updating. It was working earlier though. Doh.

Nigel.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-28-2007, 10:17 PM
"Marcelo Magno T. Sales"
 
Default Firefox+flash don't load page correctly in F8 - same versions in F7 do

Em Sex 28 Dez 2007, Nigel Henry escreveu:
> On Friday 28 December 2007 23:01, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> > Nigel,
> >
> > > I installed Sun's jre-6u3-linux... , and now the jigsaw applet
> > > works, and so does the site your having problems with.
> >
> > Did the "sub-window" named "Cotações" finished loading on F8 at
> > your computer? It's a tabbed "sub-window", like the one at the
> > bottom of the screen, and it shows a list of stocks with their
> > respective cotations, min. value, max. value and other info. If it
> > did load, it's weird, because I've tested in four different F8
> > machines, with no success. At all of them, this area only shows a
> > little watch animation and the message "Aguarde..." (which means
> > "Wait..."). The link to the application is:
> > https://www.hsbcinvestimentos.com.br/ITE/app/portalinvest/painel.sh
> >tml
> >
> > See here a screenshot of the application fully loaded and working
> > on F7: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=290386
> >
> > The other three "sub-windows" (top, bottom and right) load and work
> > ok both on F7 and F8. The problem is just with the area named
> > "Cotações". I've tested with the version of Firefox supplied with
> > F8, which I don't remember what is, and with 2.0.0.10, which is the
> > version I have working in F7 (in several boxes). Tested F8 with
> > icedtea and with Sun's Java plugin, and with and without
> > nspluginwrapper installed. Tested with a new firefox profile.
> > Tested on F8 installed with default options in a virtual machine
> > (VMWare), with no customized configuration other then upgrading
> > Firefox, uninstalling icedtea, installing Sun's Java, installing
> > flash-plugin and uninstalling nspluginwrapper.
> > Other than that, I'm out of ideas to test...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Marcelo
>
> Yes the sub window Cotaçoes (sorry about the missing ~) runs ok.
> There are 3 tabs. The "DEFAULT" does nothing, but LISTA2, and Lista1
> show updates to the stock prices, but saying that, at the moment I've
> got the stock listing, but no updating. It was working earlier
> though. Doh.

That's ok, the market is closed now, that's why it's not being updated
anymore. If the tabs were loaded and the stock lists too, it's working.
But I'm really curious why it does not work here!

Thanks anyway,

Marcelo

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Nigel Henry
 
Default Firefox+flash don't load page correctly in F8 - same versions in F7 do

On Saturday 29 December 2007 00:17, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Em Sex 28 Dez 2007, Nigel Henry escreveu:
> > On Friday 28 December 2007 23:01, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> > > Nigel,
> > >
> > > > I installed Sun's jre-6u3-linux... , and now the jigsaw applet
> > > > works, and so does the site your having problems with.
> > >
> > > Did the "sub-window" named "Cotações" finished loading on F8 at
> > > your computer? It's a tabbed "sub-window", like the one at the
> > > bottom of the screen, and it shows a list of stocks with their
> > > respective cotations, min. value, max. value and other info. If it
> > > did load, it's weird, because I've tested in four different F8
> > > machines, with no success. At all of them, this area only shows a
> > > little watch animation and the message "Aguarde..." (which means
> > > "Wait..."). The link to the application is:
> > > https://www.hsbcinvestimentos.com.br/ITE/app/portalinvest/painel.sh
> > >tml
> > >
> > > See here a screenshot of the application fully loaded and working
> > > on F7: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=290386
> > >
> > > The other three "sub-windows" (top, bottom and right) load and work
> > > ok both on F7 and F8. The problem is just with the area named
> > > "Cotações". I've tested with the version of Firefox supplied with
> > > F8, which I don't remember what is, and with 2.0.0.10, which is the
> > > version I have working in F7 (in several boxes). Tested F8 with
> > > icedtea and with Sun's Java plugin, and with and without
> > > nspluginwrapper installed. Tested with a new firefox profile.
> > > Tested on F8 installed with default options in a virtual machine
> > > (VMWare), with no customized configuration other then upgrading
> > > Firefox, uninstalling icedtea, installing Sun's Java, installing
> > > flash-plugin and uninstalling nspluginwrapper.
> > > Other than that, I'm out of ideas to test...
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Marcelo
> >
> > Yes the sub window Cotaçoes (sorry about the missing ~) runs ok.
> > There are 3 tabs. The "DEFAULT" does nothing, but LISTA2, and Lista1
> > show updates to the stock prices, but saying that, at the moment I've
> > got the stock listing, but no updating. It was working earlier
> > though. Doh.
>
> That's ok, the market is closed now, that's why it's not being updated
> anymore. If the tabs were loaded and the stock lists too, it's working.
> But I'm really curious why it does not work here!
>
> Thanks anyway,
>
> Marcelo

Hi Marcelo. Today the site accesses ok, but no stocklists. Perhaps it's
because it's the weekend??

Out of interest does the jigsaw site that also needs Sun's Java work?
http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/daily-jigsaw

This site would not load the jigsaw with the icedtea browser plugin, but works
fine with libjavaplugin_oji.so

Todays jigsaw is "Flower Art", and I got it finished in 25M:45. If it loads,
and you want to chillout a bit, give it a go.

Which F8 are you using? I'm using i386 32bit. Are you using the same, or
perhaps x86_64.

All the best for the new year.

Nigel.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:30 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org