Old 01-08-2008, 07:05 PM
"Paul Johnson"

Default DIR_COLORS, How to change blue to a darker blue, such as "Navy"?

On Dec 29, 2007 1:11 PM, Kevin J. Cummings <cummings@kjchome.homeip.net> wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Maybe one of the readers here will help us if we ask the next logical
> > question. Suppose We don't like the particular blue used by color 34.
> > Can we change from dark blue to Royal Blue, for example.
>
> I could be wrong, but this is exactly the question the OP posed....
> Only he wanted to change bright blue to navy.
>
> --

I've learned that it is easy to change bright blue to navy. Change
from bold print 01 to regular 00 in the dir colors line.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science

Old 01-17-2008, 02:26 AM
William Estrada

Daniel,

Your choices are very limited with respect to the color selections.
I wrote this simple program to display what colors can be used. It
will show the different 'escape sequences' that can be used.

http://64.124.13.3/projects/pfss/download/xtcolor

After you have made you choose, change the 'DIR' item in /etc/DIR_COLORS.
Or add the export of LS_COLORS to your ~/.bash_profile.

I am fiddling with /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm-color, thinking that this is where
/etc/DIR_COLORS, 34/44=blue are being defined assuming an xterm window?

My problem is that blue (0,0,255) is a bright dazzling blue color and
I need to tone it down a bit to something like "Navy" in X terminology.

How can this be done or is it hardwired

Thanks!