-   -   Disabling suspend/hibernate (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/24042-disabling-suspend-hibernate.html)

"Stephen Berg (Contractor)" 12-28-2007 01:12 PM

Disabling suspend/hibernate

Been googling and man page searching but coming up with nothing so far.
Is there a menu option, config file change, or whatever that will let me
disable and possibly remove the suspend to disk and/or hibernate
functions? The hibernate has caused some issues on some of my systems
and I'd like to just take that away from the users entirely as it's not
needed.

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator

Frank Cox 12-28-2007 05:47 PM

Disabling suspend/hibernate

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 08:12:03 -0600
"Stephen Berg (Contractor)" <Stephen.Berg@nrlssc.navy.mil> wrote:

> Been googling and man page searching but coming up with nothing so far.
> Is there a menu option, config file change, or whatever that will let me
> disable and possibly remove the suspend to disk and/or hibernate
> functions? The hibernate has caused some issues on some of my systems
> and I'd like to just take that away from the users entirely as it's not
> needed.

I think that's one of the options that gconf-editor includes.