Old 12-27-2007, 06:10 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

Default Seeing input on Securing the Linux system from intrusions and attacks.

I have finally got my F8 setup and running so now I am reviewing the
security issues that needs to be taken into account.

I have looked into trying many things to protect and harden my systems,
but I thought I'd ask members what they are doing/using to defend their
systems against attacks and unwanted intrusions? Would it be neat
if there was an automatic non-human defender to do it for you while you
sleep? Dream on.

I would like to focus on securing Fedora. I have tried snort w/Base etc.,
Tripwire, Fam, nmap, Iptable techniques, and so on.

Does anyone have any advice, links to great sites focused on security
and how to secure your linux box against intrusions and attacks?

Thanks!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.