FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-27-2007, 05:40 AM
"subhodip biswas"
 
Default download custom spins

hi !
i have internet connection with limited upload (512mb ) . How can i
download the custom spins specially fedora games (3.5G). is a non
torrent version available .

--
Regards
Subhodip Biswas

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default download custom spins

subhodip biswas wrote:

hi !
i have internet connection with limited upload (512mb ) . How can i
download the custom spins specially fedora games (3.5G). is a non
torrent version available .


In general, custom spins are only available via the torrent. There was a
http mirror for the games spin but I can't vouch for the content and
wouldn't recommend it.


Rahul

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-27-2007, 12:22 PM
"subhodip biswas"
 
Default download custom spins

hmm .. so i have no option available .


--
Regards
Subhodip Biswas

GPG key : FAEA34AB
Server : pgp.mit.edu
http://subhodipbiswas.wordpress.com
http:/www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/SubhodipBiswas

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default download custom spins

subhodip biswas wrote:

hmm .. so i have no option available .


Well, you could ask someone else to download and send it to you and if
you have a local mirror, recreating the spin is trivial


# yum install livecd-tools
# livecd-creator --config /usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-8-games.ks

Rahul

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Carroll Grigsby
 
Default download custom spins

On Thursday 27 December 2007 8:31:02 am Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> subhodip biswas wrote:
> > hmm .. so i have no option available .
>
> Well, you could ask someone else to download and send it to you and if
> you have a local mirror, recreating the spin is trivial
>
> # yum install livecd-tools
> # livecd-creator --config /usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-8-games.ks
>
> Rahul

Rahul:
I wonder if one of the companies that provide Fedora DVDs would be able to
help the OP:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/LocalVendors

-- cmg

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default download custom spins

Carroll Grigsby wrote:

Rahul:
I wonder if one of the companies that provide Fedora DVDs would be able to
help the OP:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/LocalVendors


None of them distribute the custom spins AFAIK.

Rahul

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Bruno Wolff III
 
Default download custom spins

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 14:55:04 +0530,
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> subhodip biswas wrote:
> >hi !
> > i have internet connection with limited upload (512mb ) . How can i
> >download the custom spins specially fedora games (3.5G). is a non
> >torrent version available .
>
> In general, custom spins are only available via the torrent. There was a
> http mirror for the games spin but I can't vouch for the content and
> wouldn't recommend it.

Another option would be to download the everything repo (and possibly the
updates repo) and run livecd-creator with the games spin kickstart file
to make your own games spin.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-27-2007, 03:38 PM
"Ski Dawg"
 
Default download custom spins

On Dec 26, 2007 11:40 PM, subhodip biswas <subhodip@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> hi !
> i have internet connection with limited upload (512mb ) . How can i
> download the custom spins specially fedora games (3.5G). is a non
> torrent version available .

I got an advertisement today from Linux Central, for the Fedora 8
Games DVD. Here is their link:
Fedora Core 8 i686 Game Live DVD
http://linuxcentral.com/catalog/index.php3?prod_code=L000-707

They show it for $9.95, and they do offer international shipping.

HTH,
--
Doug
Registered Linux User #285548 (http://counter.li.org)
----------------------------------------
Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window.
-- Steve Wozniak

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:15 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org