Old 12-26-2007, 10:54 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

Default Realtime network port monitor, similar to etherape or ntop for Fedora?

I am looking for a tool that I can monitor and watch network
port activity? Firestarter has a version of it as a feature but
it cannot stay up for long (it crashes), etherape which is interesting
but somewhat slow in remote monitoring due to heavy graphics, and
I am not sure about ntop since it does not seem to come with F8, so
the question is, is there a "realtime" port monitoring tool available on
Fedora that shows cummulative port activity as to who is attempting
to connect to any port of my ports?

Anyone here in this forum have a favorite?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:30 AM
Teo Fonrouge

On Wednesday 26 December 2007 05:54:07 pm Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> I am looking for a tool that I can monitor and watch network
> port activity? Firestarter has a version of it as a feature but
> it cannot stay up for long (it crashes), etherape which is interesting
> but somewhat slow in remote monitoring due to heavy graphics, and
> I am not sure about ntop since it does not seem to come with F8, so
> the question is, is there a "realtime" port monitoring tool available on
> Fedora that shows cummulative port activity as to who is attempting
> to connect to any port of my ports?
>
> Anyone here in this forum have a favorite?

iptraf

best regards

Teo Fonrouge