Old 12-26-2007, 04:58 PM
wwp

Default sandisk sansa m240

Hello all,

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 00:58:01 -0700 Michael A Peters <mpeters@mac.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 17:20 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
>

> > It looks like the playlist parser is expecting an extended m3u format.
> > Instead of blank lines, a typical playlist would look like:
> >
> > #EXTM3U
> > #EXTINF:111,3rd Bass - Al z A-B-Cee z
> > mp3/3rd Bass/3rd bass - Al z A-B-Cee z.mp3
> > #EXTINF:462,Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathy´s song (VNV Nation rmx)
> > mp3/Apoptygma Berzerk/Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathy's Song (Victoria Mix by VNV Nation).mp3
> > #EXTINF:394,Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathy's Song
> > mp3/Apoptygma Berzerk/Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathy's Song.mp3
> > #EXTINF:307,Apoptygma Bezerk - Starsign
> > mp3/Apoptygma Berzerk/Apoptygma Berzerk - Starsign.mp3
> > #EXTINF:282,Various_Artists - Butthole Surfers: They Came In
> > mp3/Butthole_Surfers-They_Came_In.mp3
> >
> > This is take right from the extended m3u format page at:
> >
> > http://hanna.pyxidis.org/tech/m3u.html
>
> Unfortunately no - they want the first line after the #EXTM3U to be the
> name of the file.
>
> I've got it figured out for my revision of the device - the .m3u file
> MUST be in the directory containing the files it refers to. If it is in
> the top level directory then it can only refer to songs in the top level
> directory, and not any sub directories. It also freezes the player if
> too long (IE with 160 song - about what the player holds - it freezes).
>
> So I made 4 sub directories with no more than 50 songs each - and each
> sub directory has its own playlist that must be in the sub directory -
> and it works.
>
> It might work with all files in the top directory if the playlist is
> shorter than all songs, I haven't tried that yet.
>
> But it seems the playlist behaviour on my device is different from other
> peoples devices - like Sansa changed something.

FYI, I could generate playlists for my Sansa Clip (M350) that work
fine, using fapq and the -w switch (aka write DOS-format playlist
files). See http://royale.zerezo.com/fapg/.

Playlists created in Unix file-format don't work. .m3u files created by
Audio Tag Tool don't work either (this one writes simple text files w/ a
plain list of filenames inside).

wwp