Old 12-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Tom Spec

Default Reduce mp3 bitrate

I'm running Fedora 8.* I'd like to reduce the bit rate (and file size) of some mp3s.* Can anyone recommend a tool to do this?* Preferably command line.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Srdan Tosovic

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 07:46:14 -0800 (PST)
Tom Spec <samag70-ignore@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> I'm running Fedora 8. I'd like to reduce the bit rate (and file
> size) of some mp3s. Can anyone recommend a tool to do this?
> Preferably command line.

If you install lame (available from livna repository) you can do
something like

lame -b 128 input.mp3 output.mp3

The above line would create output.mp3 at 128kbps. See lame man page
for all available options.

Srdan