Old 12-26-2007, 02:29 PM
"Eric Wood"

Default openssl req -new: unkown option -new!?

My cert expired so I'm trying to renew.*
Because the Organizational Unit field is now required, I'm trying to recreate a
new CSR from*my existing key:
*
# openssl req ?new ?key www.xyz.com.key ?out www.xyz.com.csr
unknown option ?new
req
[options] <infile >outfile
where options* are
etc..
-new********** new
request.
*
*
I'm running FC6 with latest
openssl-0.9.8b-15.fc6.** I'm totally perplexed as to why -new is an
unknown option.* Any ideas?
*
Thanks,
-Eric Wood