Old 12-25-2007, 09:56 PM
jan sonnek

Default FC8 - time synchronization

I have Asus F3F, FC8 a my time is still late. I synchronize it with $
ntpdate -s time.server.com and time is ok. When I switch off my notebook
and switch on later, my time is 10 - 60 minutes late. How you any clue?

Thank you,

J.Sonnek

Old 12-26-2007, 09:03 AM
David Hough

On Tue, 2007-12-25 at 23:56 +0100, jan sonnek wrote:
> I have Asus F3F, FC8 a my time is still late. I synchronize it with $
> ntpdate -s time.server.com and time is ok. When I switch off my notebook
> and switch on later, my time is 10 - 60 minutes late. How you any clue?
> Thank you,

Are you correctly synchronising the HW clock when you shut down? And
correctly setting local time from it when you power up again? The other
possibility is that the battery maintaining the internal clock when
otherwise powered down needs replacing.

If you leave the machine powered up does it keep good time?

Dave

Old 12-26-2007, 10:01 AM
jan sonnek

David Hough napsal(a):

I have Asus F3F, FC8 a my time is still late. I synchronize it with $
ntpdate -s time.server.com and time is ok. When I switch off my notebook
and switch on later, my time is 10 - 60 minutes late. How you any clue?

Thank you,

Are you correctly synchronising the HW clock when you shut down? And
correctly setting local time from it when you power up again? The other
possibility is that the battery maintaining the internal clock when
otherwise powered down needs replacing.

If you leave the machine powered up does it keep good time?
Thank you. It is strange. I synchronized clock, when I start PC, for
example after 12 hours it is 20 minutes late. I will observe it and then
write you exactly data. My collegue have with Asus notebook the same
problem.

Hanny