Old 12-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Rick Bilonick

Default mini wifi card & Fedora 8

Can anyone recommend a mini wifi card that would work nicely with Fedora
8? I have a Toshiba A15-S129 Satellite laptop with an easily accessible
mini-wifi slot (just one screw to remove the cover). I'm using an old
D-Link 650 pc card (orinco driver) with Fedora 8 (works fine). (I dual
boot Windows XP pro on this machine - XP will NOT work with the 650 card
even with the latest driver nor will it work with the built-in wired
ethernet!. It does manage to work with a 650+ card.)

Rick B.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:55 AM
John Summerfield

Rick Bilonick wrote:

Can anyone recommend a mini wifi card that would work nicely with Fedora
8? I have a Toshiba A15-S129 Satellite laptop with an easily accessible
mini-wifi slot (just one screw to remove the cover). I'm using an old
D-Link 650 pc card (orinco driver) with Fedora 8 (works fine). (I dual
boot Windows XP pro on this machine - XP will NOT work with the 650 card
even with the latest driver nor will it work with the built-in wired
ethernet!. It does manage to work with a 650+ card.)

Browse techtopia for information.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
-- Advice
http://webfoot.com/advice/email.top.php
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

You cannot reply off-list:-)

Old 01-11-2008, 01:53 AM
John Poelstra

Can anyone recommend a mini wifi card that would work nicely with Fedora
8? I have a Toshiba A15-S129 Satellite laptop with an easily accessible
mini-wifi slot (just one screw to remove the cover). I'm using an old
D-Link 650 pc card (orinco driver) with Fedora 8 (works fine). (I dual
boot Windows XP pro on this machine - XP will NOT work with the 650 card
even with the latest driver nor will it work with the built-in wired
ethernet!. It does manage to work with a 650+ card.)

Rick B.

intel ipw2200 works great on my thinkpad.

John