Old 12-24-2007, 07:57 PM
Leslie Satenstein

Default Webcam installation

I have been trying to install my webcam with Fedora 8_64 bit. I downloaded, un-tar'd and compiled,* the latest* gspcav1-20071224.tar.gz, which contains my webcam in the source listing.* I also have F7 installed on another drive. With F7, I can test the webcam using amsn, but when I try the samething with F8, no luck.

Also, under f7, the quality of the image is horrible, not like the quality that I have with Windows XP.** Is there any tweaking that I can do for F8 to a) Get the webcam recognized, and b) tweak parameters to have a bright sharp clear image.

Leslie