Old 12-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Sicheng PAN

Default PulseAudio Problem

Hello,

I have a problem with PulseAudio Volume Control, when I want to open the
programm from the menu, I have an error message like this : « Connection
failed: Connection refused »

With "pulseaudio" in a terminal :

E: main.c: Failed to create '/tmp/pulse-sicheng': Opération non permise
(french : operation not autorised )

I tried "pulseaudio -D" in a terminal, it return me :

E: main.c: read() failed: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type (none
of this type of file folder)

E: main.c: daemon startup failed.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Thank you for your help.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Martin Horn

Hi All,

I am new to this list, although I am using Ubuntu Studio for a while now and was really happy with it so far - so thanks for all the work!

Today I found out that I can not configure my external soundcard properly for the use with JACK as I am not able to remove the Pulseaudio soundserver. I need to modify my .asoundrc and it is recommended by the Ubuntu wiki to completely remove Pulseaudio, which is not possible without removing the Ubuntu Studio desktop.

Can anybody give an advice to remove Pulseaudio from Karmic? I want to use only Alsa and JACK.

Thanks for any help!

Martin from Berlin

Old 01-15-2010, 11:04 PM
sandie

Martin Horn wrote:

> Can anybody give an advice to remove Pulseaudio from Karmic? I want to
> use only Alsa and JACK.

Hi Martin, and welcome to the list :-)

Have you tried this: http://www.sandgreen.dk/index.php?side=python_uat
If you have problems with it, please let me know.

Regards
Sandie