Old 12-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Clodoaldo

Default F8 netspeed applet not working - virbr0 device

Some days ago i booted the computer and i there was no network
connectivity. I just rebooted and then network was again working but
the netspeed applet was not (always 0). The preferences shows a
network device named virbr0 which is disabled (i can't switch to
another one) and the device details shows the ip address
192.168.122.1. The computer real address is 10.1.1.3.

How to make it work again with the eth0 device?

Regards, Clodoaldo Pinto Neto

Old 12-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Tim

Clodoaldo:

> How to make it work again with the eth0 device?

Unset its preferences to "always monitor a connected device, if
possible" and pick the device you want it to always monitor.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.1-10.fc7 i686 i386

Using FC 4, 5, 6 & 7, plus CentOS 5. Today, it's FC7.

I read messages from the public lists.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Clodoaldo

2007/12/25, Tim <ignored_mailbox@yahoo.com.au>:
> Clodoaldo:
>
> > How to make it work again with the eth0 device?
>
> Unset its preferences to "always monitor a connected device, if
> possible" and pick the device you want it to always monitor.

That worked, Thanks. Clodoaldo