Old 12-24-2007, 11:59 AM
craigni

Default Could not connect to host for smb:// error

This one is driving me *nuts*. I have a couple of XP machines networked to this Fedora 8 box. I open Konqueror, click on the System tab, click on Remote Places, click on Samba Shares, and the XP machine names are visible. I click on a machine name, a tiny wheel spins for a minute, and then I get the error "Could not connect to host for smb://(name)".

smb and nmb daemons are running. I can bring up a vmware XP virtual machine in Fedora, and access my localhost's home directory. In vmware, I can completely access the networked XP machines.

I've tried monkeying around with smb.conf in just about any way I can think of, no luck. Any ideas?

Many TIA,
Craig

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=229509&topic_id=49694&forum= 10#forumpost229509
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster@fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame craignied@gmail.com.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Ivan Virgili

craigni wrote:

This one is driving me *nuts*.

Stupid question, but... is the domain set up correctly on your F8
machine? What happens if you try to connect to the XP machine by using
its IP address (still through Konqueror)?

Ivan

--
Ivan Virgili
GNU/Linux user #292882