Old 12-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Jim Duda

Default FC6 to FC7 upgrade via yum

I did an upgrade from FC6 to FC7 via yum. The upgrade crashed while in
the "cleanup" phase. The download and package install went fine. I
suspect the failure to run a full cleanup is causing some issues.

In general, all things appear okay, however, I have 2 issues.

On reboot, udev spews tons of warning messages.

I see that I have two versions installed:

Installed Packages
udev.i386 095-17.fc6 installed
udev.i386 116-3.fc7 installed

I assume this is an issue and needs to be resolved.

I attempted to yum remove udev, in hopes to reinstall, however, yum
wants me to remove 995 other packages :-(, clearly not an optimal solution.

Any ideas on how I can clean up udev?

Also, when I do rpm -qa | grep '.fc6', i'm getting many packages
attached to fc6. How best can I clean these up?

Is there any means to run the "cleanup" after the fact?

Thanks for any help.

Jim

Old 12-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Terry Polzin

On Sunday December 23 2007, Jim Duda wrote:
> I did an upgrade from FC6 to FC7 via yum. The upgrade crashed while in
> the "cleanup" phase. The download and package install went fine. I
> suspect the failure to run a full cleanup is causing some issues.
>
> In general, all things appear okay, however, I have 2 issues.
>
> On reboot, udev spews tons of warning messages.
>
> I see that I have two versions installed:
>
> Installed Packages
> udev.i386 095-17.fc6 installed
> udev.i386 116-3.fc7 installed
>
> I assume this is an issue and needs to be resolved.
>
> I attempted to yum remove udev, in hopes to reinstall, however, yum
> wants me to remove 995 other packages :-(, clearly not an optimal solution.
>
> Any ideas on how I can clean up udev?
>
> Also, when I do rpm -qa | grep '.fc6', i'm getting many packages
> attached to fc6. How best can I clean these up?
>
> Is there any means to run the "cleanup" after the fact?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Jim
Install yum-utils, run package-cleanup.