Old 12-23-2007, 06:01 PM
kraniask R

Default Keyboard layout

Hello! I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I need to run system-config-keyboard every time I boot Fedora 8 to get my spanish keyboard working. This happen after I have updated to the last kernel 2.6.23.9-85.fc8, getting back to my previous kernel doesn't solve it. Maybe isn't related to it. ┬┐Anybody can help me?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english,

Kran

Old 03-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Michael Thompson

In fedora 12, dispite setting the keyboard language to UK, every time I
boot the machine, it resets to US. Is this a known issue, or is there
some way of getting this change to stick that I am not seeing?

Any advice?

Cheers

--
Michael
http://maverickapollo.wordpress.com

Old 03-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Christof Damian

Someone else mentioned this on the devel list and I have had the same problem.

Look for .rpmnew files related to keyboard config somewhere in /etc
and then replace the config with the rpmnew file.

I think it happened because of an upgrade from F11 to F12.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Michael Thompson

On 30/03/10 12:55, Christof Damian wrote:
> Someone else mentioned this on the devel list and I have had the same problem.
>
> Look for .rpmnew files related to keyboard config somewhere in /etc
> and then replace the config with the rpmnew file.
>
> I think it happened because of an upgrade from F11 to F12.
>
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 13:28, Michael Thompson
> <maverickapollo@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> In fedora 12, dispite setting the keyboard language to UK, every time I
>> boot the machine, it resets to US. Is this a known issue, or is there
>> some way of getting this change to stick that I am not seeing?
>>
>> Any advice?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> --
>> Michael
>> http://maverickapollo.wordpress.com
>> --

Umm, this wasn't a upgrade as far as I remember, maybe mistaken though

You'll have to excuse me, I don't get quite what you mean in your reply..

Old 03-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Michael Thompson

On 30/03/10 12:28, Michael Thompson wrote:
> In fedora 12, dispite setting the keyboard language to UK, every time
> I boot the machine, it resets to US. Is this a known issue, or is
> there some way of getting this change to stick that I am not seeing?
>
> Any advice?
>
> Cheers

Anyone else got any ideas?
Each time I remove the USA layout from keyboard preferences, and the
keyboard operates correctly, however when rebooted, the machine gets
back the USA keyboard layout, and needs removing again to reset the
keyboard back to UK. The UK option is always selected as default,
however the USA is always enabled and active on boot.

Now sorted, I removed each of the layouts, and added UK back in, USA has
now been readded by whatever is adding it back, but is at the bottom of
the list, and the UK is active, and at the top of the list. It would
appear that the position in the list is what determines the default
layout, not the option selection of default.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Mohammed Amine IL Idrissi

Hi Yura,

At the time of writing, it seems the last comment was written "36
minutes ago" by a indicator applet developer. Please be patient and
try to give the requested information, so we can see what's causing
this problem.

Thank you,
Mohamed Amine IL Idrissi

Old 11-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Lennart Andersen

Hi,

I have a really wired problem, I can't seem to change my layout from french to
English....it is really annoying! Can anyone help me wit this!
--

Lennart Andersen
St Thomas, Ontario

Old 11-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Tom H

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Lennart Andersen <lka0871@rogers.com> wrote:

> I have a really wired problem, I can't seem to change my layout from french to
> English....it is really annoying! Can anyone help me wit this!

/etc/default/console-setup

and/or

System-Preferences-Keyboard from the panel