FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-23-2007, 12:02 PM
John Summerfield
 
Default ClamAv

jdow wrote:

FC8:

F8


Merry Christmas all. I'm off to Margaret River[1] the beat the heat (38C
forecast).



[1] famous for fine wines and outstanding surfing.



--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa@coco.merseine.nu Z1aaaaaaa@coco.merseine.nu
-- Advice
http://webfoot.com/advice/email.top.php
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

You cannot reply off-list:-)

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-23-2007, 04:40 PM
"Michael Schwendt"
 
Default ClamAv

On 23/12/2007, jdow wrote:
> FC8:
>
> LogWatch is whining about ClamAV being out of date.
>
> I don't see anything in testing or updates yet. Is anybody working on or
> even planning to work on an update for ClamAV so that the whines in
> LogWatch go away?

There's a security update for F8 in the queue for two days with fixes for
CVE-2007-6335 CVE-2007-6336 CVE-2007-6337:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/pending/clamav-0.92-3.fc8

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-23-2007, 11:28 PM
"jdow"
 
Default ClamAv

From: "John Summerfield" <debian@herakles.homelinux.org>
Sent: Sunday, 2007, December 23 05:02



jdow wrote:

FC8:

F8


Merry Christmas all. I'm off to Margaret River[1] the beat the heat (38C
forecast).


I'm running FC7, sorry to imply it was 8.

Now - if I have to load FC8 to get ClamAV updated - I'll start considering
the "Outahere gambit." I just got FC7 tamed and running adequately after
many months.

{^_^}

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-23-2007, 11:30 PM
"jdow"
 
Default ClamAv

From: "Michael Schwendt" <mschwendt@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, 2007, December 23 09:40



On 23/12/2007, jdow wrote:

FC8:

LogWatch is whining about ClamAV being out of date.

I don't see anything in testing or updates yet. Is anybody working on or
even planning to work on an update for ClamAV so that the whines in
LogWatch go away?


There's a security update for F8 in the queue for two days with fixes for
CVE-2007-6335 CVE-2007-6336 CVE-2007-6337:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/pending/clamav-0.92-3.fc8


I'd seen the one for FC8 which is why my finger slid over one to F8 when
I meant F7.

When will FC7 be updated? Or is it not worth sticking with RedHat? If it
is a security update it should be passed along to FC7 while FC7 is still
alive. Get hopping guys!

{^_^}

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-24-2007, 01:32 AM
Craig White
 
Default ClamAv

On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 16:30 -0800, jdow wrote:
> From: "Michael Schwendt" <mschwendt@gmail.com>
> Sent: Sunday, 2007, December 23 09:40
>
>
> > On 23/12/2007, jdow wrote:
> >> FC8:
> >>
> >> LogWatch is whining about ClamAV being out of date.
> >>
> >> I don't see anything in testing or updates yet. Is anybody working on or
> >> even planning to work on an update for ClamAV so that the whines in
> >> LogWatch go away?
> >
> > There's a security update for F8 in the queue for two days with fixes for
> > CVE-2007-6335 CVE-2007-6336 CVE-2007-6337:
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/pending/clamav-0.92-3.fc8
>
> I'd seen the one for FC8 which is why my finger slid over one to F8 when
> I meant F7.
>
> When will FC7 be updated? Or is it not worth sticking with RedHat? If it
> is a security update it should be passed along to FC7 while FC7 is still
> alive. Get hopping guys!
----
I don't recall seeing clamav/clamd/et al clam as part of Fedora packages
but only in 3rd party repositories. RPMForge has the new version.

Craig

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-24-2007, 02:47 AM
"Tod Merley"
 
Default ClamAv

On Dec 23, 2007 6:32 PM, Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 16:30 -0800, jdow wrote:
> > From: "Michael Schwendt" <mschwendt@gmail.com>
> > Sent: Sunday, 2007, December 23 09:40
> >
> >
> > > On 23/12/2007, jdow wrote:
> > >> FC8:
> > >>
> > >> LogWatch is whining about ClamAV being out of date.
> > >>
> >
> >
> > When will FC7 be updated? Or is it not worth sticking with RedHat? If it
> > is a security update it should be passed along to FC7 while FC7 is still
> > alive. Get hopping guys!
> ----
> I don't recall seeing clamav/clamd/et al clam as part of Fedora packages
> but only in 3rd party repositories. RPMForge has the new version.
>
> Craig
>
>

Hi Craig et all

In KDE do: K Menu > System > Add/Remove Software
At the package manager window select the "search" tap and type "clam"
or "anti-virus" in the search window. ClamAV (a couple of versions
but all for your Fedora version) will be amongst the lot. Select what
you want and install.

I completed the insall and a run on separate parts of my disk yesterday.

Have Fun!

Tod

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-24-2007, 03:20 AM
Craig White
 
Default ClamAv

On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 19:47 -0800, Tod Merley wrote:
> On Dec 23, 2007 6:32 PM, Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 16:30 -0800, jdow wrote:
> > > From: "Michael Schwendt" <mschwendt@gmail.com>
> > > Sent: Sunday, 2007, December 23 09:40
> > >
> > >
> > > > On 23/12/2007, jdow wrote:
> > > >> FC8:
> > > >>
> > > >> LogWatch is whining about ClamAV being out of date.
> > > >>
> > >
> > >
> > > When will FC7 be updated? Or is it not worth sticking with RedHat? If it
> > > is a security update it should be passed along to FC7 while FC7 is still
> > > alive. Get hopping guys!
> > ----
> > I don't recall seeing clamav/clamd/et al clam as part of Fedora packages
> > but only in 3rd party repositories. RPMForge has the new version.
> >
> > Craig
> >
> >
>
> Hi Craig et all
>
> In KDE do: K Menu > System > Add/Remove Software
> At the package manager window select the "search" tap and type "clam"
> or "anti-virus" in the search window. ClamAV (a couple of versions
> but all for your Fedora version) will be amongst the lot. Select what
> you want and install.
>
> I completed the insall and a run on separate parts of my disk yesterday.
----
I think Joanne is saying that version 92-1 isn't available for F7 but is
available for F8

I am saying that clam* version 92-1 is what is getting installed from
rpmforge repositories on my servers which are either RHEL 4/5 or CentOS
4/5

Craig

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-24-2007, 03:52 AM
"Tod Merley"
 
Default ClamAv

On Dec 23, 2007 8:20 PM, Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 19:47 -0800, Tod Merley wrote:
> > On Dec 23, 2007 6:32 PM, Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:
> > > On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 16:30 -0800, jdow wrote:
> > > > From: "Michael Schwendt" <mschwendt@gmail.com>
> > > > Sent: Sunday, 2007, December 23 09:40
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > On 23/12/2007, jdow wrote:
> > > > >> FC8:
> > > > >>
> > > > >> LogWatch is whining about ClamAV being out of date.
> > > > >>
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > When will FC7 be updated? Or is it not worth sticking with RedHat? If it
> > > > is a security update it should be passed along to FC7 while FC7 is still
> > > > alive. Get hopping guys!
> > > ----
> > > I don't recall seeing clamav/clamd/et al clam as part of Fedora packages
> > > but only in 3rd party repositories. RPMForge has the new version.
> > >
> > > Craig
> > >
> > >
> >
> > Hi Craig et all
> >
> > In KDE do: K Menu > System > Add/Remove Software
> > At the package manager window select the "search" tap and type "clam"
> > or "anti-virus" in the search window. ClamAV (a couple of versions
> > but all for your Fedora version) will be amongst the lot. Select what
> > you want and install.
> >
> > I completed the insall and a run on separate parts of my disk yesterday.
> ----
> I think Joanne is saying that version 92-1 isn't available for F7 but is
> available for F8
>
> I am saying that clam* version 92-1 is what is getting installed from
> rpmforge repositories on my servers which are either RHEL 4/5 or CentOS
> 4/5
>
>
> Craig
>
> --
> fedora-list mailing list
> fedora-list@redhat.com
> To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
>

Hi Craig White!

Thank you! I apologize for a very unnecessary post and am glad to be corrected.

Regards,

Tod

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-24-2007, 04:08 AM
Craig White
 
Default ClamAv

On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 20:52 -0800, Tod Merley wrote:
> On Dec 23, 2007 8:20 PM, Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 19:47 -0800, Tod Merley wrote:
> > > On Dec 23, 2007 6:32 PM, Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:
> > > > On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 16:30 -0800, jdow wrote:
> > > > > From: "Michael Schwendt" <mschwendt@gmail.com>
> > > > > Sent: Sunday, 2007, December 23 09:40
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > On 23/12/2007, jdow wrote:
> > > > > >> FC8:
> > > > > >>
> > > > > >> LogWatch is whining about ClamAV being out of date.
> > > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > When will FC7 be updated? Or is it not worth sticking with RedHat? If it
> > > > > is a security update it should be passed along to FC7 while FC7 is still
> > > > > alive. Get hopping guys!
> > > > ----
> > > > I don't recall seeing clamav/clamd/et al clam as part of Fedora packages
> > > > but only in 3rd party repositories. RPMForge has the new version.
> > > >
> > > > Craig
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > Hi Craig et all
> > >
> > > In KDE do: K Menu > System > Add/Remove Software
> > > At the package manager window select the "search" tap and type "clam"
> > > or "anti-virus" in the search window. ClamAV (a couple of versions
> > > but all for your Fedora version) will be amongst the lot. Select what
> > > you want and install.
> > >
> > > I completed the insall and a run on separate parts of my disk yesterday.
> > ----
> > I think Joanne is saying that version 92-1 isn't available for F7 but is
> > available for F8
> >
> > I am saying that clam* version 92-1 is what is getting installed from
> > rpmforge repositories on my servers which are either RHEL 4/5 or CentOS
> > 4/5
> >
> >
> > Craig
> >
> > --
> > fedora-list mailing list
> > fedora-list@redhat.com
> > To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
> >
>
> Hi Craig White!
>
> Thank you! I apologize for a very unnecessary post and am glad to be corrected.
>
----
that's OK - I just looked...

Clam* 91.2-3 is what's available for both F7 & F8
rpmforge doesn't package for F7 & F8, probably because base OS has the
packages (outdated as they are)

Probably someone should submit a bugzilla entry to get the packager to
update for both F7 & F8

Craig

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-24-2007, 04:31 AM
Todd Zullinger
 
Default ClamAv

Craig White wrote:
> Clam* 91.2-3 is what's available for both F7 & F8
> rpmforge doesn't package for F7 & F8, probably because base OS has
> the packages (outdated as they are)
>
> Probably someone should submit a bugzilla entry to get the packager
> to update for both F7 & F8

It's known. clamav-0.92-3 hit updates-testing today for F7 and F8.
For anyone that wants to install and test them now, use:

yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update clamav

Comments can be added in the fedora update tool:

F7: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F7/FEDORA-2007-4733
F8: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/FEDORA-2007-4763

--
Todd OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xBEAF0CE3 | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes living in misery easier.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:37 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org