Old 12-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Sam Varshavchik

Default Does F8 support JFS out of the box?

Schlaegel writes:

I am considering a move from FC6 to F8. I use JFS for one of my
partitions that needs fast multi-gig deletes (ext3 is far too slow at
multi-gig deletes).

I checked Distrowatch to see the differences between FC6 and F8, and
it states that starting with F8, Fedora no longer supports JFS.

Does F8 support JFS out of the box?

If it does not, I wonder what happened here:

[mrsam@lazarus ~]$ rpm -q fedora-release
fedora-release-8-5
[mrsam@lazarus ~]$ mount | grep video
/dev/sdb1 on /video type jfs (rw)

Old 12-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Anthony Messina

On Saturday 22 December 2007 03:03:42 pm Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Schlaegel writes:
> > I am considering a move from FC6 to F8. I use JFS for one of my
> > partitions that needs fast multi-gig deletes (ext3 is far too slow at
> > multi-gig deletes).
> >
> > I checked Distrowatch to see the differences between FC6 and F8, and
> > it states that starting with F8, Fedora no longer supports JFS.
> >
> > Does F8 support JFS out of the box?
>
> If it does not, I wonder what happened here:
>
> [mrsam@lazarus ~]$ rpm -q fedora-release
> fedora-release-8-5
> [mrsam@lazarus ~]$ mount | grep video
> /dev/sdb1 on /video type jfs (rw)

you just need jfs-utils

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E