Old 12-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Beartooth Sciurivore

Default Does F8 Unity respin do upgrades?

It's time to move my wife's machine from F7 to F8, since she's
about to be out of town for a few days and not using it. I have her data
backed up, to the guest room laptop and to burnt media; but I see that
the Fedora Unity folks, bless them, have a respin out.

rpm -q says I have jigdo-0.7.3-4.fc8; so I suppose I can hack a
way through downloading it.

Can someone tell me whether it does upgrades successfully? The
DVD I have does not -- no big problem, since it was time for a clean
install on my own machines, anyway.

Possible joker in deck : her machine still has XP on it; but I
menat to dump that already on the upgrade from fc6 to F7, and forgot;
I'll take considerable glee in doing it now, albeit belatedly.

So : advice please!

Do I want to learn enough jigo to get by with, and hope to manage
a clean burn? (I can try Brasero, K3B, and Nautilus.)

Or had I better just go with the known good original DVD, and
plan on letting yum update run all night? (I have wireless broadband, a
trifle better than DSL or cable.)

Fedora 8; Alpine 0.99999, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2.0.3, Epiphany 2.20, Opera 9.24, Firefox 2.0