Old 11-21-2007, 01:54 PM
"Alastair McKinley"

Default fedora 8 - ksoftirqd using lots of cpu

Hi everyone,

I am running fedora 8 under vmplayer and im having a strange issue
with ksoftirqd.
The system is constantly using about 25%-30% cpu used by ksoftirq. I
was running fedora 7 under vmplayer with no such issues.

Attached is an excerpt from top.

I'm not sure what other information I need to investigate this.

Anyone any ideas?

Best regards and thanks,

Alastair