-   -   grip and encoding in m4a/aac (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/2142-grip-encoding-m4a-aac.html)

Craig White 11-21-2007 01:51 PM

grip and encoding in m4a/aac

Trying to use grip to rip/encode cd's for my iPod (Fedora 7)

Setting lame as encoder and m4a as filetype seems to give me what I want
but the resulting files won't play

I have googled but not found any hints

Suggestions anyone?

Craig

"Ian Malone" 11-21-2007 02:02 PM

grip and encoding in m4a/aac

On 21/11/2007, Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:
> Trying to use grip to rip/encode cd's for my iPod (Fedora 7)
>
> Setting lame as encoder and m4a as filetype seems to give me what I want
> but the resulting files won't play

Lame is for encoding mp3, you probably want faac.
I suspect what you have are mp3 files with .m4a
as the extension, and this is confusing whatever
you're trying to play it on.

--
imalone

"Roberto Malinverni" 11-21-2007 02:13 PM

grip and encoding in m4a/aac

you're creating mp3 files with a m4a extension.
faac is a aac/mp4 encoder.

--
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'