Old 12-22-2007, 05:35 AM
Strong

Default ntpdate: which files does it update?

I want to let user of the root group to be able to update system time
using ntpdate. I would like to set the appropriate permissions on
unknown to me file that ntpdate updates rather than set UID on
execution of ntpdate. So, what is the 'unknown file'? Thank You.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:45 PM
"Michael Schwendt"

On 22/12/2007, Strong <strong_yethumble@pochta.ru> wrote:
> I want to let user of the root group to be able to update system time
> using ntpdate. I would like to set the appropriate permissions on
> unknown to me file that ntpdate updates rather than set UID on
> execution of ntpdate. So, what is the 'unknown file'? Thank You.

None. It makes syscalls to do it.