Old 12-21-2007, 04:31 PM
"Excalibur Xcalibur"

Default Cannot upgrade box to Fedora 8... DVD stalled on vmlinuz... Ready!

Hi Folks,************** I burned the dvd iso of F8, and when I booted the DVD and selected upgrade, it loaded fine and went on to
vmlinuz blah blah...
then completely stalls or freezes on "Ready". Well it was like that for hours. So I couldn't upgrade my FC6 box with F8. Even when I reboot it, it's still the same story.

Any clues?--
Peter "Excalibur"

Old 12-21-2007, 11:34 PM
Sam Varshavchik

Excalibur Xcalibur writes:

HTML content follows
Hi Folks,
************** I burned the dvd iso of F8, and when I booted the DVD and
selected upgrade, it loaded fine and went on to

vmlinuz blah blah...

then completely stalls or freezes on "Ready". Well it was like that for
hours. So I couldn't upgrade my FC6 box with F8. Even when I reboot it,
it's still the same story.

Any clues?

Try adding the following boot parameters: nohz=off noapic