Old 12-21-2007, 03:24 PM
yordy

Default packages of fedora repo vs. packages of install dvd

the packages of fedora repo
(http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Packages/)
are same of packages of install dvd? i have downloaded install dvd
previously and I don't want to download duplicates repos...

what is the different between:
- http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Fedora/i386/os/
- http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/
- packages in install dvd

Old 12-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Rahul Sundaram

yordy wrote:

the packages of fedora repo
(http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Packages/)
are same of packages of install dvd? i have downloaded install dvd
previously and I don't want to download duplicates repos...

what is the different between:
- http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Fedora/i386/os/
- http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/
- packages in install dvd

What is in the Fedora directory is exactly the same as what is available
in the DVD and they are a subset of the Everything repository.

Rahul

Old 12-22-2007, 12:38 AM
yordy

The Everything repository is the install packages + packages in extras repository for FC6 and previously?

Old 12-22-2007, 12:43 AM
Rahul Sundaram

yordy wrote:

The Everything repository is the install packages + packages in extras repository for FC6 and previously?

Right.

Rahul