Old 12-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Craig White

Default cnn flash video

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 12:05 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:

> >> I had icedtea and sun's latest jre and jdk. I always install sun's java,
> >> but I remember vaguely that before making the plugin links I saw there
> >> was already a link to libjavaplugin, but I thought I'd give icedtea a
> >> chance. After uninstalling icedtea I am now able to see the dbfx prices,
> >> but the cnn videos still stop after 1-2 seconds and go blank.
> >
> > OK....
> >
> > I managed to duplicate what I think is your problem....
> >
> > I fixed it by creating the directory ~/.mozilla/plugins. In there I created
> > symbolic links. Here is mine, yours may vary...
> >
> > lrwxrwxrwx 1 egreshko egreshko 39 2007-12-21 11:32 libflashplayer.so ->
> > /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> > lrwxrwxrwx 1 egreshko egreshko 58 2007-12-21 09:41 libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
> > /usr/java/default/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> > lrwxrwxrwx 1 egreshko egreshko 37 2007-12-21 11:46 npwrapper.so ->
> > /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/npwrapper.so
> >
> > I don't think it will make a difference...but I also have the environment
> > variable JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/java_latest/jre set as well as $JAVA_HOME/bin
> > set in my PATH.
>
> Forgot to add that it may be necessary to delete the file
> ~/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat for the changes to take.
----
I've never had to do that

Craig

Old 12-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 18:02 -0500, David Boles wrote:

> Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 14:00 -0500, David Boles wrote:
> >
> >> Not a problem. I was hoping that not everyone here thought that I a
> >> horse's hindquarters.
> >
> > A horse's hindquarters?? Surely not. <chuckles>
> >
> >> Linux. It can be frustrating can it not? ;-)
> >
> > That's what makes it fun! I gotta find a toothpick to remove the rug
> > pieces in my mouth. Merry Xmas, Dave. Ric
>

> Yeah. This person just caught me at a bad time of the day. I am truly
> sorry for what I said. It just gripes me when Linux users say 'they be
> pickin' on us (me) when something does not work.
>
> Seriously. I *like* Linux. I *use* Linux. As do the people here.
>
> But? Look at the numbers here:
>
> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
>
> I appears that 'they' just missed 3.3% of the Computer users. :-)
>
> The solution? Make Linux more popular.
>
> Seasons Greetings back at you Ric.

I couldn't have said it better, Dave. I've been railing on that topic
for years. If there isn't any users, then the entire fuss is for
tool-makers to make tools to be used by other tool-makers.

A blacksmith that makes shovels isn't going to be in business long if
his market is geared to other shovel-makers. Someone needs to be on the
other end of the shovel ...using it. But, both sides can mutually
respect and take pride in the craftsmanship of the shovel and the uses
it is put to.

The diff is when the blacksmith uses a measure of empathy in his
product, determining the correct length of the handle as a fulcrum, the
width of the blade for the perfect average load to be balanced by the
handle, the taper and smoothness of the handle, etc., then he creates a
tool to be used, not something for display to other blacksmiths. If the
blacksmith creates the "right thing" to be used, he will also stands a
better chance to become more successful. My two cents, Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar

Old 12-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Ed Greshko

Craig White wrote:

>> Forgot to add that it may be necessary to delete the file
>> ~/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat for the changes to take.
> ----
> I've never had to do that

Old habits die hard.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Craig White

On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 06:16 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>
> >> Forgot to add that it may be necessary to delete the file
> >> ~/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat for the changes to take.
> > ----
> > I've never had to do that
>
> Old habits die hard.
----
check...

got one of the OLPC units here and was trying to use '/sbin/ifup eth0'
to get it connect to wireless before it dawned on me that there had to
be a simpler way (there was)

Craig

Old 12-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Ed Greshko

Craig White wrote:

>>> ----
>>> I've never had to do that
>> Old habits die hard.
> ----
> check...
>
> got one of the OLPC units here and was trying to use '/sbin/ifup eth0'
> to get it connect to wireless before it dawned on me that there had to
> be a simpler way (there was)

Well, sometimes the simpler way is the one your used to doing. :-)

Old 12-22-2007, 03:18 AM
Craig White

On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 08:30 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Craig White wrote:

> >> Old habits die hard.
> > ----
> > check...
> >
> > got one of the OLPC units here and was trying to use '/sbin/ifup eth0'
> > to get it connect to wireless before it dawned on me that there had to
> > be a simpler way (there was)
>
> Well, sometimes the simpler way is the one your used to doing. :-)
----
if they work perhaps...

by the way, the OX is totally awesome. Sugar is awesome. Evidently it's
still an in process OS but it was totally impressive (but hard to touch
type because the keyboard isn't really large enough for adults).

Craig