Old 12-21-2007, 11:44 AM
"Angel Apocalyptic"

Default Uninstall

I downloaded and installed NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.19-pkg1.run from
Nvidia web site.Now i want to uninstall it.how i can do it?

Old 12-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 18:44 +0600, Angel Apocalyptic wrote:
> I downloaded and installed NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.19-pkg1.run from
> Nvidia web site.Now i want to uninstall it.how i can do it?

In the past there has been az run option like:
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.19-pkg1.run -uninstall
to uninstall. the script in the package for documantation.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Mike Dwiggins

Is there a way to just flat uninstall FC 8. I need to make a
workstation match a customer configuration.

They use Ubuntu, which has the worst Installation program I have ever
seen. Thus I need to uninstall FC 8 to create open space. Partion
Magic from the XP partition craps the basket and claims it cannot even
find the drive letter.

I really would hate to buy a new machine just to match the customer
configuration.

Any help is appreciated.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Anne Wilson

On Sunday 06 July 2008 10:57, Mike Dwiggins wrote:
> Is there a way to just flat uninstall FC 8. I need to make a
> workstation match a customer configuration.
>
> They use Ubuntu, which has the worst Installation program I have ever
> seen. Thus I need to uninstall FC 8 to create open space. Partion
> Magic from the XP partition craps the basket and claims it cannot even
> find the drive letter.
>
> I really would hate to buy a new machine just to match the customer
> configuration.

I believe that the latest incarnation of PM can see linux partitions, but I
wouldn't choose to use it. I'd boot from a live CD and run gparted or
qparted to handle the partitions.

OTOH, it depends on what you actually want from that box. Would you prefer to
keep Fedora for yourself and at the same time have Ubuntu so that you can
work with them? There are options there - another drive and edit grub to
handle both, or a VM, which is a little trickier to set up, but saves you
needing to reboot to look at Ubuntu.

Anne

Old 07-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Bruno Wolff III

On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 02:57:27 -0700,
Mike Dwiggins <mike@azdwiggins.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to just flat uninstall FC 8. I need to make a
> workstation match a customer configuration.

Just install over it. Ubuntu should be providing some way to install in
existing partitions.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Tim

On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 02:57 -0700, Mike Dwiggins wrote:
> Is there a way to just flat uninstall FC 8. I need to make a
> workstation match a customer configuration.
>
> They use Ubuntu, which has the worst Installation program I have ever
> seen. Thus I need to uninstall FC 8 to create open space. Partion
> Magic from the XP partition craps the basket and claims it cannot even
> find the drive letter.

I don't recall the Ubuntu installation being difficult to repartition
the drive. Just have Ubuntu take over the entire drive for itself.
Alternatively, pre-installation, you could boot from a CD and wipe out
the partitions on the drive (e.g. use the fdisk program, and write an
empty partition table - read its menus).

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.9-76.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Robert Holtzman

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:

On Sunday 06 July 2008 10:57, Mike Dwiggins wrote:

Is there a way to just flat uninstall FC 8. I need to make a
workstation match a customer configuration.

They use Ubuntu, which has the worst Installation program I have ever
seen. Thus I need to uninstall FC 8 to create open space. Partion
Magic from the XP partition craps the basket and claims it cannot even
find the drive letter.

I really would hate to buy a new machine just to match the customer
configuration.

I believe that the latest incarnation of PM can see linux partitions, but I
wouldn't choose to use it. I'd boot from a live CD and run gparted or
qparted to handle the partitions.

Back in the days of RH6.0 I used PM to create open space and ext2
partitions on my W95 box to install RH on. I would be surprised if

it's lost the capability to recognize linux partitions since then.

--
Bob Holtzman
"The best argument against democracy is a five

Old 12-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Robert Holtzman

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Robert Holtzman wrote:

[...]

Damn, my mail client just opened the list to July's messages and I
didn't look at the date. Didn't really mean to reply to a 6 month old
message. Apologies.

--
Bob Holtzman
check the price of the beer"

Old 12-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Anne Wilson

On Friday 05 December 2008 13:02:49 Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Robert Holtzman wrote:

> >> I believe that the latest incarnation of PM can see linux partitions,
> >> but I wouldn't choose to use it. I'd boot from a live CD and run
> >> gparted or qparted to handle the partitions.
> >
> > Back in the days of RH6.0 I used PM to create open space and ext2
> > partitions on my W95 box to install RH on. I would be surprised if
> > it's lost the capability to recognize linux partitions since then.
>
> Damn, my mail client just opened the list to July's messages and I
> didn't look at the date. Didn't really mean to reply to a 6 month old
> message. Apologies.

NP :-) I don't dispute that PM has had the ability for a long time. It had
it in PM6, I know for sure. However, when I used it I did have some
problems. Since then I have stuck to my resolve to use linux tools to create
linux partitions and windows tools to create windows partitions. I'm
probably being paranoid, but it just feels safer that way :-)

Anne