Old 12-21-2007, 11:39 AM
"Angel Apocalyptic"

Default GRUB boot loader

How can i edit my GRUB boot loader?Is it possible to edit in
graphical?If not,then how?
I want to remove a os from GRUB.How it possible?I am using Fedora 8.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Ivan Virgili

Angel Apocalyptic wrote:

How can i edit my GRUB boot loader?Is it possible to edit in
graphical?If not,then how?
I want to remove a os from GRUB.How it possible?I am using Fedora 8.

Hi Angel,

You need to edit /boot/grub/grub.conf
You can delete the section regarding the OS you do not need to boot
anymore. You will have to edit the file as root and can use gedit or any
other graphical editor.

I am not on Fedora 8 at the moment (I am on RHEL 5), therefore I cannot
check it for you, but if I am not mistaken you should also have
something called "Boot loader" under System -> Administration and you
should be able to change some settings and the OS available on you
system through that.

Regards,

Ivan

--
Ivan Virgili
GNU/Linux user #292882

Old 12-21-2007, 11:50 AM
"Hiren Joshi"

Have a look at the
/boot/grub/grub.conf
file.
Also, have a look at the grub docs:
info grub
and select the 'configuration' section.

HTH,
Josh.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:06 PM
"Tod Merley"

On Dec 21, 2007 4:39 AM, Angel Apocalyptic <angelsapocalypse@gmail.com> wrote:
> How can i edit my GRUB boot loader?Is it possible to edit in
> graphical?If not,then how?
> I want to remove a os from GRUB.How it possible?I am using Fedora 8.

Hi Angel Apocalyptic!

Usually when I do so it looks like this:

$ su
# cd /boot/grub
# cp grub.conf grub.conf.12212007
# vi grub.conf
# exit
$

I am not where I can check it but I think you can do:

$ su
# cd /boot/grub
# cp grub.conf grub.conf.12212007
# gedit grub.conf