Old 12-16-2007, 11:27 AM
"Zacharie Elcor"

Default how to disable system beep

Hi all,

Since I upgraded to F8, I'm unable to get that irritating system beep disabled at startup.
I already tried :
- System > Preferences > Hardware > Sound > System Beep > unchecked "Enable system beep"

- added "alias pcspkr dummy" to /etc/modprobe.conf (no effect)

The only thing that works is "xset -b" but I have to do it manually in a terminal each time I log in. It does not work when added to System > Preferences > Personal > Sessions > Startup Programs

When I add "xset -b" in .xsession, the X session fails with the message "TERM environment variable not set"

Thanks for any help

--
Zacharie