Old 12-16-2007, 12:36 AM
"R. G. Newbury"

Default Thunderbird Loses Ability to 'drag-n-drop' emails

Thunderbird on my desktop no longer allows me to drag-n-drop email from
one folder (inbox, say) to another.

The version on the laptop allowe this. I cannot see anything in the
Advanced preference settings which would cover this.

Can anyone help?

Geoff

Old 12-16-2007, 02:06 AM
Konstantin Svist

R. G. Newbury wrote:
Thunderbird on my desktop no longer allows me to drag-n-drop email
from one folder (inbox, say) to another.

The version on the laptop allowe this. I cannot see anything in the
Advanced preference settings which would cover this.

Can anyone help?

I've experienced this, too. In my case, it had something to do with
profile corruption. That is, when I created a new thunderbird profile,
everything worked as it should have. I was able to move over the mail
data files directly - all other settings/addons I set up manually.

I guess it's also likely that one of the addons is causing this - you
can try disabling them all and seeing if that fixes it. But it might not
(some addons might've messed your profile)

HTH,
Konstantin

Old 12-16-2007, 09:12 AM
"R. G. Newbury"

Konstantin Svist wrote:
> > Thunderbird on my desktop no longer allows me to drag-n-drop email
> > from one folder (inbox, say) to another.

>I've experienced this, too. In my case, it had something to do with
>profile corruption. That is, when I created a new thunderbird profile,
>everything worked as it should have. I was able to move over the mail
>data files directly - all other settings/addons I set up manually.

>I guess it's also likely that one of the addons is causing this - you
>can try disabling them all and seeing if that fixes it. But it might
>not (some addons might've messed your profile)

>HTH,
>Konstantin

Thanks. I will try that. I do not have any add-ons in TBird (that I know
about).

Geoff